Halong Bay Travel Guide
Halong Bay Weather Forecast
Chance of a Thunderstorm31°/24°
- Ocean Park July. 25, 2011
- Victoria Peak July. 25, 2011
- Victoria Bay (Victoria Harbour) July. 25, 2011
- Vietnam’s tourism hindered by unhealthy competition August. 26, 2011
- Water puppeteers participate in Asian arts festival October. 13, 2011
- Festival promotes tourism in Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia October. 29, 2011
- Vietnam to Welcome 37,000 Cruise Ship Passangers December. 13, 2011
- Vinpearl best resort wins World Travel Awards March. 11, 2012
- Plan to offer packages for Christmas, New Year March. 11, 2012
- Hue plans 43 tourism projects March. 11, 2012
- Holding Hue festival in order to highlight National Tourism Year March. 11, 2012
- Project to fill up bay for a cruiser wharf March. 11, 2012
Halong Bay Travel
Halong Bay is located in the northeastern part of Vietnam and constitutes part of the western bank of Bac Bo Gulf, Halong Bay Attractionsincluding the sea area of Ha Long City and Cam Pha Town and part of Van Don island district. The site is 1553 sq. km with 1969 islands of various sizes, of which 989 have been named.
The area is recognized as the World Natural Heritage that is the area of 434 sq. km with 775 islands. It looks like a giant triangle with Dau Go Island (in the west), Ba Ham Lake (in the south) and Cong Tay Island (in the east) as its three angle points. The nearby area is the buffer area and areas classified as national beauty spots in 1962 by the Ministry of Culture and Information.
Halong Bay is also attached to glorious pages of Vietnamese history, with famous sites such as Van Don, a bustling trade port in the 12th century, charming Bai Tho Mountain, and not very far away from here is the Bach Dang River which witnessed two famous naval battles of the Viet’s ancestors against invaders. Also, Halong is one of the cradles of human kind with the glorious Halong culture in the late Neolithic age, discovered at such archeological sites as Dong Mang, Xich Tho, Soi Nhu and Thoi Gieng.
Halong bay is also home to great biodiversity with typical eco-systems like mangrove forest, coral and tropical forest. It is also home to thousands of plants and animals of numerous species, for example shrimp, fish and squid. Some species are particularly rare and can be found no where else.
Ask a Question?
if you are interesed in booking tour, hotels, services, other importion with us, please enter your name, email and message. We will reply as soon as possible.