Tour Code : VHAC 01
Tour Duration: Half day course
Highlights: Typical Vietnamese cooking recipes – boat ride on Thu Bon river
Starts/Ends: Hoi An/ Hoi An (pick up & drop off at your hotel)
Group Size: Private others share group class
Commencement date: Anytime upon request
(Can be started at 08:15 AM or at 01:30 PM in Hoi An town)
- Full Itinerary
- Price & Inclusion
We will have meeting point at restaurant. After taking the welcome drink, we visit Hoi An’s colorful market and experience the amazing sights, sounds and aromas of this busy market. We will have our opportunity to interact with local sellers and purchase some of the ingredients to be used in the coming cooking lesson. After that we board the Red Bridge boat for a leisurely cruise about 25 minutes along Thu Bon River to Cooking School. This is a chance to view local river life and make sure your camera is in your hand. Up on arrival, we explore the cooking school’s herb and vegetable garden before learning about some Hoi An and Vietnam’s well-known dishes. The cooking lesson runs for about 2 hours, each dish is first demonstrated by the Chief before we prepare the same dish ourselves. Included in the class is a brief introduction to Vietnamese food carving (plate decoration). After the lesson we enjoy our products then.
Recipes (our food contains no MSG):
1. Making fresh Rice paper
2. Fresh Rice Paper Rolls of Shrimp
3. Crispy Hoi An Pancakes with Shrimp, Herbs & a Peanut Sauce
4. Marinated Beef on a Sizzling Plate
5. Vietnamese Eggplant in Clay Pot
6. Food Decoration – Pineapple Boat, 3 Colored Flowers & Vietnamese Hand Fan
Trip Price Included:
- English Speaking Local chief
- Cooking class package.
- Boat trip
- Lunch includes the above meals as well as:
- Steamed Ocean Fish on a bed of Freshly Chopped Vegetables (not included in the demonstration)
- A vegetarian lunch can be provided on request.